Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

And David defeats Goliath! Stephens wins against Williams in 3 sets!


Serena is serving to level the set at 5 games all.  Stephens wins the first point and pressure in on the server.  Stephens is showing steel and spine.  Rushing to the net and forces Williams to make an error.  Stephens is up 15-30.  Williams is two points away from losing!  Its 15-40. Match point for Sloane Stephens against the great Serena Williams.  Will Sloane do it? YESSSS
Yes World No 29, Sloane Williams DOES IT.  She has defeated Serena Williams 3-6, 7-5, 6-4.  She is seen sending a message from her phone.  Such a smile on her face. She is through to the semi-finals. Lets check out her tweet!
When asked who she texted immediately after the match, Stephens said during the post-match interview, “My mum was texting me during the match, I texted her back.”
“Stephens, you have a poster of Serena in your bedroom…  did you imagine you would do this one day?  “This is co crazy, I think I will put up a poster of myself now.” There were more laughs from the spectators.
“ Yeah you are the new Sloane Stephens not the new Serena Williams, so go out there and treat yourself to something nice”
“I thought I will buy one thing but now I will buy two!
Sloane Stephens will now play World no. 1 Victoria Azarenka.  My bets are on Azarenka.  However Stephens will now lose her reservations to go all out.  She has played and overcome Williams. Playing Azarenka should be like a walk in the Park- you may not find the exit but you will enjoy the walk nevertheless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment